Bloggers Festival 2017


This weekend I had the opportunity to attend the annual bloggers festival which was organised by Scarlett Events. The event took place in Conrad London St.James and ran from 2pm to 5pm. Initially I had no one to attend the event with, however using the power of Twitter I made a new friend called Pip and we decided to meet outside the hotel and go to the bloggers festival together. Pip was so lovely and kept me company the whole time! She was great fun and I am so glad that we connected via Twitter and have now had the opportunity to meet in real life. Please check out Pip on Twitter, she blogs about beauty, fashion and travel: @pipduma


When we arrived at Conrad we were directed downstairs to where the main event was being held. On arrival we had our names checked off the guest list and we were greeted with Prosecco. Pip and I left our bags and jackets in the cloak room which was perfect as I had been naughty and brought makeup from Urban Decay beforehand - this was weighing me down for real. We then had our pictures taken in front of the balloon wall which was simply gorgeous filled with shades of pink and white. The whole atmosphere was calm and relaxing - very beneficial as this was my first event so nerves were high.


Pip was amazing as she managed to get some great shots for me! I am awful with the camera so I will apologise in advance about the pictures I took! Sorry! Past the balloon wall we were taken to a room which was set up with a row of tables each containing different accessories and table placements. This was organised by Charlotte Richard who is the founder and creative director of La Fete bespoke event planning. We had the option to have our name in calligraphy either on a cute tag or shell. I decided to go for a shell as these were adorable and looked so good when placed on the table surrounded by the cute props. There were additional props and accessorizes that we were able to use to place our name tag or shell in order to take the perfect shot to add to our blog. This small workshop was designed to help us bloggers to understand how to take perfect pictures when sharing posts online and on our blogs. I really took away some valuable ideas from this effective workshop and I hope to incorporate these new ideas in my future pictures that I share with you. 


A flower-wall was located at the back of the room and everyone was in love with it - again the wall included shades of pink and white flowers and gave everyone the chance to capture more photos. A very cute trolley filled with jars of sweet treats and delights was placed at the side of the room and I did help myself quite a few times to the fizzy fangs!!! Those who know me well know that I love sweets so this made me a very happy person. Whilst we were browsing and meeting other bloggers more drinks were provided and canapés were given to us too (the scallop canapés were super yummy). 

One of my favourite moments of the event was having the chance to try a POP, these are premium popsicles made in Britain using natural ingredients and let me tell you - these were amazingly delicious. I tried the Bellini POP prosecco and peach flavour and this was a life saver as I was so hot and needed cooling down. You can check POP out on Twitter just by clicking their username: @POPSpoparazzi


Next, we made our way round through to the following room which was filled with all of the stalls and brands. There were many brands present and it would take me forever to tell you about them all so I am just going to mention a few of my favourites. This year The Prince's Trust was the charity partner for the Scarlett London blogger festival. On the stall they provided bloggers with information of how they help provide training programmes, mentoring and financial grants to help disadvantaged young people to obtain and grow their career. The three businesses who came along with The Prince's Trust to promote their work were BearHug Gift Hampers, MelitaRose Candles and Natalie Lea Owen. The Prince's Trust work for a great cause and I really urge young people to check out their website! Click here to read more about The Prince's Trust.

Whilst at the bloggers festival I exchanged my details with Quiz Clothing. I absolutely LOVE Quiz, the outfits they sell are so fashionable and they are reasonably priced. I also love the fact that they do clothing for all sorts of occasions. I exchanged my details as Quiz are currently looking for new bloggers to collaborate with. I was very lucky to be given a choker by Quiz, it is an adorable cute beige one which ties up in a bow around the neck followed by two small gems at the front. I can't wait to try it on and wear it with my outfits.

Chelsea Candle was at the event showing off their amazing range! Chelsea Candle is a small batch candle company based in Kent. I love candles - I mean who doesn't? I received a Coconut scented candle in the goodie bag from them and it smells delicious. It smells strong but still has a relaxing aroma to it. I cannot wait to purchase and try some more candles from their website. Click here to visit Chelsea Candle.

My favourite stall was the T-Zone stall. It was great fun, really lively and had a range of fantastic samples to take away and try. I picked up a Self-Heating Mask and Nose Pore Strip which I am going to try out this evening so please keep an eye for the review which will be on my blog soon. T-Zone had a fun photo-booth which took four pics of a person and turned them into a gif. The gif was then posted to Twitter and the best one is going to be selected to win a T-Zone hamper! T-Zone products are available in Superdrug so please check them out next time you hit the shops.

7th Heaven was another of my faves! Taking centre stage on their stall was the new Charcoal peel-off mask along with their Charcoal mud mask. Those hosting on the stall were so charismatic and energetic. 7th Heaven’s Charcoal peel-off mask will be available for purchase this October across the UK. You will be able to purchase the product from Wilko, Boots, ASDA, NEW LOOK and Sainsbury’s. The goodie bag I received was filled with face masks, hair masks and even face masks for men. I am very excited to try the products - especially the Halloween Trick or Treat one! I will save this mask until closer to the 31st October though :) I love 7th Heaven even more as they do not test their products on animals and the products are vegan friendly. Click the following username to visit 7th Heaven: @ilove7thheaven 

As it was time for me to leave the event, I went and picked up my Scarlett London goodie bag and boy was I impressed!? Check out the pictures to see a few of the items included in the bag. Please check out my next blog post which will contain additional pictures of the Bloggers Festival. It will be filled with all of the great moments I captured during the event and it will be easier for you to view all of the snaps!


All in all I had the most amazing time and I really do encourage all bloggers to attend the next event if they have the chance to do so. It is a great opportunity to connect with other bloggers and brands which enables you great exposure. I just want to quickly say thank you to Emma (another blogger) who I met at the event - she was lovely, friendly and awesome to chat to! Please check out her work by clicking on the following username: @itsemmaeye

As always thank you for visiting my blog, I really do appreciate it. Comment, follow and subscribe if you wish to. Feel free to ask any questions or leave comments about this blog post below. I hope you all have a blessed week. Stay happy, stay positive and be you! OXOXOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jo Malone - The English Oak: Fragrance Review

MUOTD - Urban Decay Heat: My Makeup Look

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Products